Ever since I could remember, I've always wanted to learn how to speak a foreign language. So one day I decided to speak to my mother about it. She thought it was a good idea, and even mentioned the prospect of me one day traveling abroad into a full-emersion program to get the "whole experience". I thought she was bluffing. Oh how wrong I was.
Long story short, this year I started to take some French, and in less than two weeks I will be going to stay with some relatives in France. I will be staying only for the semester and will be put into a regular French high school.
The idea started when I mentioned to my mom that an old classmate of mine would be leaving to spend some time studying abroad in Switzerland. I told her that I wanted to do the same, never in all my life imagining where she would go and the lengths it would take. Really all it took where a few phone calls over to my Grandma and to her sister (the one that I will be staying with), a quick meeting with my principal and that was it. I was set.
Now I realize that once I leave, I will never be the same. So what must I do? I must grasp this huge opputunity into hands and make sure that it does not go unwaisted.
No comments:
Post a Comment